Max Lucado examines Philippians 4:4–8 to show how we can be anxious for nothing and discover true peace from God that surpasses human understanding.
When it comes to anxiety, depression, and stress-related illnesses, America is the frontrunner. Thankfully, there’s a practical prescription for dealing with these issues.
Anxious for Nothing, from New York Times bestselling author, Max Lucado, provides a roadmap for battling with and healing from anxiety.
Do you feel weighted down with worry? Does the uncertainty and chaos of life keep you up at night? Are irrational fears your constant companion? Could you use some calm?
In this five-session video Bible study, bestselling author Max Lucado explores God’s treatment plan for anxiety found in the most underlined verse in the Bible, Philippians 4:6–7:
Be anxious for nothing, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
As you follow the Biblical prescription – celebrating God’s goodness, asking for his help, leaving your concerns with him, and meditating on good things – you will experience God’s peace. This is a peace that “transcends all understanding” and will help you reframe the way you look at your fears.
With the heart of a pastor and his poetic storytelling and homespun humor, Max will help you:
- Let God help you win the war on worry and receive the lasting peace of Christ.
- Recognize the difference between present anxiety and persistent anxiety.
- Find true freedom and experience more joy, clarity, physical renewal, and contentment by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Train yourself to rejoice in all circumstances.
- Discover the secret of remaining calm when you feel you have more than you can handle.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help them navigate anxiety and fear with real help from God's Word.
While anxiety is a part of life, it doesn’t have to dominate your life. With God as your helper and his promises at your side, you can sleep better tonight and smile more tomorrow. You can talk yourself off the ledge and view bad news through the lens of God’s sovereignty. You can discover a life of calm and develop tools for combating the onslaught of anxiety.
- Rejoice in the Lord Always
- Let Your Gentleness Be Evident to All
- Present Your Requests to God
- The Peace of God Will Guard Your Heart
- Meditate on These Things
Designed for use with the Anxious for Nothing Video Study (9780310087335), sold separately.
Anxious for Nothing Study Guide : Finding Calm in a Chaotic World
- This item will need to be special ordered, please allow extra time for pick-up/delivery. We will contact you to confirm date of availability.