A Washington Post Best Children's Book of 2018
What does it mean to be crazy? Is using the word crazy offensive? What happens when a label like that gets attached to your everyday experiences?
To understand mental health, we need to talk openly about it. Because there's no single definition of crazy, there's no single experience that embodies it, and the word itself means different things--wild? extreme? disturbed? passionate?--to different people.
In (Don't) Call Me Crazy, thirty-three actors, athletes, writers, and artists offer essays, lists, comics, and illustrations that explore a wide range of topics:
- their personal experiences with mental illness,
- how we do and don't talk about mental health,
- help for better understanding how every person's brain is wired differently,
- and what, exactly, might make someone crazy. If you've ever struggled with your mental health, or know someone who has, come on in, turn the pages . . . and let's get talking.
(Don't) Call Me Crazy
- This item will need to be special ordered, please allow extra time for pick-up/delivery. We will contact you to confirm date of availability.